Best Compact Binoculars for Hunting of 2018 – Complete Reviews with Comparison
Binoculars can be a phenomenal tool to have at your disposal; there’s a reason as to why people own them.
Though you might be in a position to where you need something to enhance your long distance vision, you might not be interested in lugging around hefty equipment when you’re heading to your hunting ground. This is when the best compact binoculars for hunting come into play and finding the right ones can be easy.
Below, we will explore five of the best compact binoculars on the market for hunting.
- 1 Top 5 Compact Binoculars for Hunting Comparison Chartison Chart
- 2 Best Compact Binoculars for Hunting Reviews
- 2.1 1. Bushnell PowerView Compact Binoculars
- 2.2 2. G4Free Compact Binoculars
- 2.3 3. USCAMEL Compact Binoculars
- 2.4 4. Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars
- 2.5 5. Carson VP Binoculars
- 3 FINAL VERDICT
Top 5 Compact Binoculars for Hunting Comparison Chartison Chart
Best Compact Binoculars for Hunting Reviews
1. Bushnell PowerView Compact Binoculars
When it comes to hunting binoculars, Bushnell is a relatively well-known brand as their models are designed to withstand an ample amount of wear and tear.
The Bushnell PowerView Compact Binoculars help to make spotting targets at a distance easier with their simple focus system, multicoated optics, and more. Plus, they come equipped with a rugged housing to ensure that your binoculars won’t be damaged, even after dropping them from a relatively high distance.
When it comes to choosing the best binoculars for hunting, the first thing to think about is the optics.
The Bushnell PowerView Compact Binoculars offer roof-prism optics that are coated with multiple layers of blue and green film in an effort to achieve optimal brightness and transmission of light. This helps to make your vision clearer, allowing you to see faraway targets as if you were looking at them up close.
Another phenomenal feature integrated into these binoculars is their body armor, which is designed to keep your binoculars safe while hunting and traveling.
The non-slip rubber protection is essential for use in different temperatures and gives you the firm grip you need to keep the binoculars steady when held against your face. In addition, the rubber helps to absorb shock from drops, protecting the casing and lenses.
The main feature that is missing from the Bushnell’s that would easily catapult them to the top of the list is water and fog resistance. Without these two, it will be relatively impossible to use them in different types of weather, particularly in wet and humid conditions.
- Rubber covered
- Nonslip rubber armor Absorbs shock & provides a firm grip
- Roof Prism compact
- 10x magnification, 25-millimeter objective binoculars with roof prism system
- BaK-7 prisms and multi-coated optics for superior resolution and image clarity
What's to like about the Bushnell PowerView Compact Binoculars
- Lightweight and small
- Reliable focus
- Easily adjustable to eyes
What's not to like about the Bushnell PowerView Compact Binoculars
- No tripod adaptability
- Not weather resistant/fog resistant
- Design is too simple
2. G4Free Compact Binoculars
If you’ve been searching for compact binoculars without having to compromise clarity, the G4Free Compact Binoculars are a great option to choose.
They boast an incredible number of features that help to make them one of the best hunting binocular models on the market, ranging from XMC BAK4 prism optics to lowlight vision. Not to mention, they’re also incredibly versatile due to their size, making them perfect for everything from hunting to sailing.
What you might find to be the most interesting about the G4Free Compact Binoculars is they are designed to enhance your vision in low-light situations, though they don’t offer 100% night vision.
The HD high-powered optics are essential for gathering the perfect amount of light, so you have the clarity you need when focusing on targets during the day without the worry of losing contrast or color.
You’ll also appreciate the included accessories that come with the kit such as the high-end carrying pouch (for safe transport), a hand strap (essential for preventing drops), and a cleaning cloth to keep your eyepieces and objective lenses as clean as possible.
You’ll also want to take note of the water-resistant housing that helps to protect the binoculars against light rain, (though it’s not recommended to submerge them in water), and the hand figured polishing adds a striking military appeal to their design.
One concern with the G4Free Compact Binoculars is their lack of rugged body armor, which will help to absorb shock if they end up being dropped. This is why they’re typically not recommended for the more clumsy hunters.
- 12x magnification with 25 mm objective lens.HD high-powered binoculars.It has a range of 273 feet at 1000 yards.
- Night Vision,with green film optics glass lens you can see the stuffs clearly in weak light condition(NOT DARK).And Water Resistant - For ordinary rain water droplets, it has a water-resistant function,(DO NOT SUBMERGE INTO WATER)
- XMC Technology with BAK4 prism which can 100% reflect the light to keep a good image (while don't forget to adjust the knobs to fit different view distance),made of Mg body and hand figured polishing
- Suitable for both adults and kids,fit for hunting, hiking, exploring,viewing,sailing,bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc
- Bonus accessories includes hand strap, carrying pouch and cleaning cloth
What's to like about the G4Free Compact Binoculars
- Quick sight alignment
- Clear picture quality
- Great for beginners
What's not to like about the G4Free Compact Binoculars
- Not fog resistant
- Not recommended for wide set eyes
- Left edge distortion
3. USCAMEL Compact Binoculars
As a hunter, you’re going to need a pair of binoculars that can give you an edge on your targets. The USCAMEL Compact Binoculars are designed not only to be easy to use but to also give you a clear image of the potential game that you could be searching for at far distances.
Their construction is impressive, giving you the durability you’ve always desired from your hunting gear. Additionally, their optics also impress with the perfect amount of brightness and clarity to track your targets.
One of the best features integrated into the USCAMEL Compact Binoculars is the diopter adjustment that is located on the right eyepiece. This gives you the ability to adjust your vision in both your left and right eyes, so you can have optimal viewing quality with little to no hassle.
You’ll also love the dielectric and phase coatings on the objective lenses which help to filter the perfect amount of light, so you can achieve the best contrast levels possible with little to no color aberration.
The feel of the binoculars is another huge selling point, as they are compact and lightweight, but still carry an ample number components such as the magnesium alloy body.
You’ll truly feel their durability every time you pick them up, and they are entirely fog proof, helping to prevent dust, debris, and any type of moisture from getting inside of the binoculars.
- [High Power Binocular] This binoculars has 10x magnification, 42mm objective lens and wide field of view, 305ft/1000yds, makes you look farther and wider. Ideal for bird watching, safari sightseeing, travel, concerts, wildlife watching, outdoor sport activities, etc.
- [Twist-up Eyepiece] Eyepieces on binoculars could be twisted up to get a suitable eye distance, getting close to lens and see easily and more confortably. The diameter of eyepiece is about 18mm, you could see more clear images than other binoculars.
- [High Quality FMC Optics] FMC coating and premium BAK4 prism, it ensurethe image you view bright and sharp. All design can mostly reflect the light to keep a good image and make you have a amazing experience. Professional binoculars for all outdoor sports activities.
- [Durable and Comfort Material] Non-slip framework and rubber armor provides shock-absorbing protection, good resistance for terrible weather conditions. High quality material making, binoculars offers comfortable touching while using it.
- [Useful Accessories] Rubber eyepiece cover and lens cover protect the lens of binoculars in good condition. With neck strap and soft carrying case, you feel relax to carry it anywhere handy. Straps is adjustable and wide enough to convey comfort.
What's to like about the USCAMEL Compact Binoculars
- Single hand adjustments
- Glass offers optimal clarity
- No fogging in cold and humid climates
What's not to like about the USCAMEL Compact Binoculars
- Not 100% waterproof
- Not recommended for glasses wearers
- Poor quality accessories
4. Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars
When it comes to prestige, the Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars are surely the crème de la crème of vision enhancement products. They truly outperform the competition due to their high manufacturing standards.
Adaptable to any size face and individuals who wear glasses (or not), you’ll finally have the ability to take advantage of a pair of binoculars to make hunting simpler and more enjoyable. There are plenty of phenomenal features included in this model, ranging from rubber eyecups to ergonomic grips.
First, the Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars offer plenty of adjustable features, including the focus and the positioning of the eyecups.
It’s impossible to create a single eyepiece design that will accommodate everyone’s face, and as such, you can take advantage of the turn-and-slide function on the eyecups. This will allow you to customize the space between each eye and its corresponding eyepiece for the best field of view possible.
The build quality of the Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars is also a feature that should be discussed, as it sets them apart from the competition.
The rugged and reliable shock absorbent body armor not only helps protect the binoculars if they are dropped, but also gives you optimal grip when you’re using them in wet conditions.
In addition, the binoculars are filled with nitrogen and sealed with an O-ring to offer complete fog and water protection.
When it comes to the quality of the optics, you’ll surely appreciate the high definition and high-resolution images that are shown back to you, even at the furthest distances.
The phase-correction coated roof prisms offer the highest quality viewing experience possible, allowing the perfect amount of light to be transmitted through the lenses so you have a natural and clear view of your targets.
- Whether you're looking at wildlife or scenery, two things are important: color and clarity The prostaff 7S brings you both, thanks to fully multilayer coated lenses and phase correction coated Roof prisms
- Even eyeglass wearers will enjoy looking through the prostaff 7S the Turn-and-Slide rubber eyecups allow anyone to adjust the space between their Eye and the binocular's Eyepiece, ensuring a full field of view
- The prostaff 7S is comfortable to hold, even in wet conditions, thanks to its rubber armored body the rubber armor also protects the binocular in case it is dropped or handled roughly
What's to like about the Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars
- Phenomenal optics
- Easy to adjust
- Great in low light
What's not to like about the Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars
- Low-quality lens caps
- Not incredibly compact
- No tripod mount configuration
5. Carson VP Binoculars
If you’re tired of having to deal with an assortment of features and you’re ready to rely on a single pair of binoculars that do just what they’re supposed to, the Carson VP Binoculars are a great option.
Although they don’t boast as many features as the other binoculars on this list, they do exactly as advertised, and give you a phenomenal way to view targets at a distance. With impressive optics, it’s easy to see why they’re one of the best compact binoculars for hunting.
If there’s one thing that can certainly be said about the Carson VP Binoculars, it’s that they take their water and fog proofing seriously.
There’s no need to worry about using these binoculars in poor weather conditions or even in extremely high or low temperatures. You’ll have access to clear and crisp images, no matter where you are either indoors or outdoors.
Also, the extra-long eye relief is essential for users that have to wear glasses as well as use binoculars while hunting. Unlike other binoculars on the market, the Carson VP Binoculars have twist-down eyecups with an extra-long eye relief that will help them fit perfectly against your glasses or your face.
Another interesting feature is its waterproof body, which is quite similar to the high-end hunting binoculars on this list. Filled with nitrogen and sealed with an O-ring, these binoculars are 100% fog and waterproof.
- Field of View: 273 ft. at 1,000 yards | Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8 feet | Eye Relief: 16.5mm
- 10x Magnification & 25mm Objective Lens Diameter
- Fully Multi-Coated & Phase Coated
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 4.25'' x 4.25'' x 1.5'' | BAK-4 Prisms | Weight: 0.85 lbs.
- Waterproof and Fogproof | Backed by Carson's No Fault, No Hassle Warranty
What's to like about the Carson VP Binoculars
- Built to withstand damage
- Clear and sharp images
- Focuses very close and far away
What's not to like about the Carson VP Binoculars
- Difficult to avoid glare
- Shaky when unsupported
- Eyecups not too comfortable
At the end of the day, you’re going to be faced with plenty of decisions when it comes to finding the right hunting binoculars as every outdoorsman has their own preferences.
If you’re interested in choosing a top-tier brand that has multiple reports of success, durability, and long-lasting clear optics, you’re going to want to side with the Nikon Prostaff 7S Binoculars for three main reasons.
There’s nothing worse than spending money on a pair of binoculars that will break as soon as they are dropped once, but with the Nikon Prostaff 7S’ you won’t have to worry about damage.
They are designed to withstand an ample amount of pressure, and with the help of their shock absorbent ergonomic body armor and grips, you have complete control over the resilience of your device.
Another important thing to consider is weather resistance, especially when it comes to hunting.
The Nikon binoculars outperform the other competing brands on this list because they are designed to withstand not only dust and debris but also water and other forms of moisture.
You can easily use them in any temperature and you’ll never have to worry about water logging thanks to the nitrogen filled and the O-ring sealed interior.
When you’re looking for binoculars you need to think of the clarity of their optics. Nikon, a renowned camera manufacturer, takes pride in their products’ optic clarity and as a result, the same manufacturing has gone into their binoculars.
If you’re searching for pristine images that are clearer than you could imagine, these are certainly the perfect pair for you.
Hunting without binoculars and scopes can be akin to firing blindly into a field, and with the help of the right binoculars, you can track your target and meet your mark with every shot.