Best Trail Camera Under 100 of 2018 – Complete Reviews With Comparison
Trail cameras are slowly becoming a staple of professional hunters. There are so many different camera manufacturers, and hundreds of different models to choose.
Many hunters rather invest their money in better hunting gear, rather than having to spend a lot on a camera, which is understandable.
It is possible to get a trail camera for under $100. However, you may be wondering if this is a good idea, and if the camera would be high quality.
So, to help you out we’ve decided to create a short list of the best trail cameras under 100. Keep reading if you’re interested for the top picks for the 2018 year.
- 1 Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Trail Camera Reviews
- 2.1 1. Rexing HD Trail Camera
- 2.2 2. TEC.BEAN Trail Camera
- 2.3 3. CamKing E5 Trail Camera
- 2.4 4. Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera
- 2.5 5. Wildgame Bottomland Camera
- 3 FINAL VERDICT
Best Trail Camera Reviews
1. Rexing HD Trail Camera
The Rexing HD trail camera is another addition to the Rexing camera family. They have taken a regular camera and turned it into a trail camera that is built to last. Thanks to its unique power-saving standby mode, you will be able to have 12 months of continued surveillance with the batteries.
It is also designed to be securely mountable. It’s very important to understand that when you hook this up outside, you can easily have it fall down etc. This camera is designed to stay on the tree with a tree strap mount and has a password-protected lock to prevent anyone else from taking or moving it. It can also last in temperatures as low as -4 Fahrenheit and as high as 140 Fahrenheit.
This camera has an HD resolution of 3/5/8/12/16 megapixel options. You may also record videos with sound at a 1080p resolution. The memory card type is a micro SD card which can store up to 32 GB of photos and video. This camera has an instant capture with PIR side sensors. It can capture moving subjects as quickly as 0.2 seconds after locking onto the object.
It has a very wide range of motion sensors, going to 120 angles of detection. To help the lighting in darker conditions the camera uses an infrared night vision LED flash which is completely quiet and discreet. The camera can track a movement of up to 64 feet away from where it stands.
- HD PHOTO AND VIDEO: Capture up to 16 megapixel photos and 1080p video + audio. Time lapse, target recording, and photo series modes allow you to customize your camera to be the perfect surveillance tool for home, work, or the trail.
- ULTRA FAST TRIGGER & LED FLASH: Capture subjects as quickly as 0.2 seconds after sensing motion within the 120° angle of detection of the front and side PIR sensors. Infrared Night Vision LED flash illuminates subjects as far as 65 feet (20 meters) to produce a clear image in both day and night.
- BUILT-IN DISPLAY: Review your captures instantly with the built-in 2.4" LCD screen, allowing you to navigate through your photos and videos.
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION: Up to 16 months of continued surveillance on 8x AA batteries.
- SECURE DESIGN: Features an operating temperature range of -4°F to 140°F, as well as an IP66 waterproof design. The mounted camera can be password-protected and secured with a lock to prevent unwanted access.
What's to like about the Rexing HD Trail Camera
- HD photo and video
- Ultra fast trigger
- LED flash
- Built in display
- Low power consumption
- Secure design
What's not to like about the Rexing HD Trail Camera
- 8 AA batteries
2. TEC.BEAN Trail Camera
The Tec.bean company wants to provide its customers with the best quality and durable hunting equipment. With this camera, you will get a 1-year warranty with a replacement and refund if you do not like the product. A practical FAQ with a very friendly and willing to help tech support.
A detailed user manual and they even give you professional using advice. This critter cam is very easy to use and is very fun. Daytime images are crisp and crystal clear, and the night shots are good.
This camera is a high-resolution camera with functions with 12 mp high-resolution photos. It can shoot up to 9 continuous shootings per trigger, and it can take a full HD video with 1080p resolution. The video at night will be taken in black and white. It has very low power consumption with a patent energy saving system. In the lense, there is a steady current that can go as low as 0.3mA.
The standby will work for around 6 months with 8 AA batteries. It has very long night vision range, it has 36 pieces of 940nm LEDs. This allows the camera to take photos and videos of up to 75 feet away.
- HD 12MP 1080p RESOLUTION: 12MP stunning color images and 1920*1080p HD videos with audio up to 90 seconds, this camera presents you with vivid imagery down to every detail of the wildlife, taking up to 9 photos per trigger within 0.6-0.8s.
- FAST TRIGGER SPEED & LONG NIGHT-VISION RANGE: Featuring less than 0.8 seconds trigger speed, any movement before the lens will be captured instantly. Added to 36pcs no-glow IR LEDs, this camera can extend its night time vision range up to 75ft/23m.
- EXCLUSIVE CAPTURE MODES:Its unique capture modes (Hybrid Mode/ Motion Detection) guarantees you more options and fun in regard to different hunting situations and targets, no longer limited to warm blooded animals with a battery life up to 8 months.
- IP66 ADVANCED PROTECTION: IP66-rated waterproof case and password protection grant this camera double protection. No more concern of files being reviewed if stolen and its waterproof case provides protection from rain, sand, dust and corrosion etc.
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS: This camera features time stamp including Moon Phase/Pressure/Temperature/Gps Geotag, Timer, Realtime Replay, Hybrid Mode, Interval Recording, bringing this camera to multiple applications beyond your expectation.
What's to like about the TEC.BEAN Trail Camera
- HD Resolution
- Fast trigger speed
- Long night vision range
- Exclusive capture modes
- Advanced protection
- Multiple functions
What's not to like about the TEC.BEAN Trail Camera
- Night capture is grainy
3. CamKing E5 Trail Camera
The Camping is ideal for any outdoor use. The company wanted to design a camera which would be able to withstand many different environments. It has a waterproof IP54 which is dustproof, shockproof, and anti-corrosive properties.
The operating environment can go as low as -33 Fahrenheit and up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. It can also function in high humidity. You can use it for hunting, animal observation, indoor, outdoor, and security surveillance. It also comes with a password safety feature so no one can take the device.
This camera has excellent image and video quality. It performs at a 16-megapixel resolution so that photos come out crisp and bright in color every time. It can motion detect wild game during the day and during the night and take up to 9 photos per detection. The video option has audio and runs at 1080p resolution.
An impressively fast trigger of less than 1 second ensures you will get those perfect shots even if the object is moving fast. It can shoot up to 20 meters away. The night vision has a 40 PV black LED which allows the camera to take full-color photos and videos is the day and black and white at night. You get 4 months of use from the batteries.
- Excellent Image and Video Quality:The reliability of high-performance 16-megapixel image resolution captures crisp, brightly colored photos each time motion is detected of wild game during the day (black and white at night), takes up to 9 photos per detection.1920*1080p FHD video is at your fingertips, records clear video and sound (support 10s to 3 minutes video length).The camera is triggered by movement, detected by a highly sensitive PIR motion sensor.
- Short Trigger Speed & Long Trigger Distance:An impressively fast trigger speed of less than 1 second (0.6S trigger speed) ensure each detected movement is captured quickly and accurately, also documented in real time. effective shooting up to 20m. User are guaranteed to never miss any of the action.
- Infrared Night Vision Technology:With 40pcs Black IR LEDs,it allows the camera to take full color photos and videos in daytime and black & white color photos and videos at night up to 65 feet/20m distance, montorized ICR for color images/videos during day and night, HD video with sound, illumi-night sensor provides bright, clear nighttime images.
- Waterproof Protection & Multiple-usages:IP54 High Waterproof Certified, protect your hunting cam from raining, moist, sand, dust, corrosion etc. And up to 4 Months long battery life with 8AA batteries, Passive Infrared Sensor, Multiple usages e.g. home security, wildlife monitoring, surveillance and scouting game.
- Capture Modes & TFT LCD:2.0 Inch Color Viewer TFT LCD exactly shows all data. 4 Capture Modes bring you more fun: Photo/ Video/ Time Lapse/ Hybrid(Camera+Video).
What's to like about the CamKing E5 Trail Camera
- High Resolution
- Short trigger speed
- Long trigger distance
- Infrared night vision
- Multiple usages
- Capture modes
What's not to like about the CamKing E5 Trail Camera
- Grainy at night photos
4. Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera
The Bushnell trophy company wants to provide its users with a high HD trail cam. It can last into - 5-degree Fahrenheit and up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
The motion is PIR sensor that functions up to 80 feet away. You will get an adjustable web belt and a socket. This company wanted to make sure that you understand how useful a trail cam can be in the wilderness. You get hyper night vision, data stamp with date and time, and a field scan with time-lapse technology.
This camera is an HD essential E2 designed to give you the performance you demand with exceptional value. It is top of the tier with its high-quality features like the 12 MP full resolution images, the 0.3-second trigger speed, and the ability to take 720p HD videos.
It includes a field scan of 2x which has time-lapse technology which automatically snaps images at preset intervals. And true 1-year battery life with batteries.
What's to like about the Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera
- Adjustable image per trigger
- HD video and picture
- High resolution
- Fast trigger speed
- Large flash range
What's not to like about the Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera
- Fogs up
- Menu is confusing
5. Wildgame Bottomland Camera
The Wild Game company has been creating cameras that are easy to use and can work to help you when you’re trying to monitor prey outdoors. All of the images include a time and date stamp, moon phases, area name, and event image count. It gives clear night time images of up to 80 feet away.
The wild game test will illuminate natural environments with a max distance and will no count antlers. You can use it around the house to keep an eye on your furry friends and see what’s going on on your property.
This camera is ready to use straight out of the box. It has a high resolution of 16 megapixels and uses an 8GB SanDisk SD card. It can illuminate and detect movement of up to 80 feet away from the setup. It has 36 piece IR LED’s to help get a crisp and clear picture no matter what the light or weather conditions.
It has ultra fast trigger speeds of less than half a second. It has a secure locking system which has the ability connect a python cable. You can get day and night time photo and videos in 720p resolution. The batteries last up to 6 months with 8 AA batteries.
- Ready to Use out of the box 16 Megapixel IR trail camera with batteries and 8GB sandisk SD card. Concealed by Mossy Oak Bottomland Camo
- 80 ft. Illumination/detection range. Equipped with 36 piece IR LEDs
- Less than 1/2 second trigger speed. Security locking System with python cable capability (cable not included) (optional python cable not included)
- Daytime and nighttime photo and 720 HD video (30 sec) capabilities. New frustration free packaging
- UP to 6 month Battery life pending usage, settings, and environment. Takes up to 32 GB SDHC card (8 GB included). uses 8 AA batteries (included). includes adjustable mounting strap
What's to like about the Wildgame Bottomland Camera
- High HD resolution
- 80 ft illumination and detection
- Fast trigger speed
- Daytime and night time photo capabilities
- 32 GB SD card
What's not to like about the Wildgame Bottomland Camera
- Very small display screen
You don't have to spend a lot of money when it comes to having a lasting and durable HD trail camera. You'd be surprised to see how many people believe that a trail cam has to have low resolution and only functions at minimalistic standards. These companies are adding to the fact that HD trail cams can be just as capable as other HD cameras.
All of these cameras are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, however, not all of them have an anti-fog lense. If you're ready to take the next step and invest in a new trail camera we'd highly suggest the CamKing E5 Trail Camera.
The Camping E5 Trail Cameras has the best positive user reviews and promises to give their customers high resolution, very short trigger speeds, and gives you the option of multiple different capture modes during the day and at night. Hopefully, this guide has helped you find the best trail camera under 100 that meets your standards.